
...Lee was noted for the grace and clarity of his residential designs and in 1957, the London Architectural Review recognized him as one of forty U.S. architects who have "made personal contributions to American Architecture." In 1964 he moved his practice to Hawaii . During the course of his California practice, he designed nearly 100 residences, and a small number of apartments, housing projects, recreational facilities, and churches....

Simple yet elegant.







Mr. Lee did a beautiful job of blending the indoors with the outdoors. I love the open feel of the house with the pool. The transition is so fluid. If I were going to "go modern" it would be with a home like this.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!!!
Such spectacular indoor and outdoor living spaces. Yes, I think I could move right in. I would need new furniture, of course. I know! YOU can help me find it at thrift stores!
ReplyDeleteSounds good to me.
I agree--very fluid, very beautiful. Just wondering if all the pictures on the right side of your blog are from your house? There's some beautiful wood going on there!
ReplyDeleteYes Christine. All the furniture pieces were found at thrift stores or Waste Management Recycling warehouse. Most of them for under $40.00 with the exception of the credenza I recently posted which was $50. I can't imagine anyone taking these great pieces to the dumps. That is where console with two woven panels came from (second photo from top). The stereo even works!
ReplyDelete