Check it out....all found in the same store today....all for under five. My guess is they all came from the same house. I couldn't help but wonder what was still in the back room waiting to be priced.

Is this just the coolest chest ever?

Click to really see the detail of the design.

What do you suppose the straps under the lid are for?

This album holder needs a little scrubbing before I add my collection to it. I was just too anxious to post about it.

Martini anyone?


I know, I know....more lamps. What can I say. Would you, could you, pass these up?
Judging by the plugs, I would guess 1950's.

The following items were found at other stores.
Holt Howard mugs.

Teak salad set (and flowers from my yard).

It was a good day.
J-E-A-L-O-U-S!!!!!!! Im really liking the chest! Also as of now im im the hunt for one of those cool gold record racks! Fantastic!
ReplyDeleteYou hit the jackpot with all these great finds! Love that chest, very interesting!!
ReplyDeleteWhere in Sonora did you find these? I may have to take a trip to your neighborhood!!
ReplyDelete__
Barbara
http://ifididnthaveasenseofhumor.blogspot.com
The chest was a dressed up picnic basket, the straps in the lid held in the plastic cups, there were originally compartments in the base to hold plates and I think it even came with a small cooler originally......I remember seeing one almost like it, with all the fittings, at an estate auction ten years ago. Cool!
ReplyDeleteSweet! I love the chest!
ReplyDeleteI have a similar metal stand, except it's not made to hold records (I use it for small plants).
Very cool!
It really WAS a good day! Love your stuff, and I like mine, too.
ReplyDeleteThe chest is the crown jewel! I love the print on it, I'm gonna save that pic in my "textures" folder for future inspiration! Oh how wonderful it would have been to be a textiles designer back then! (another one of my dream careers!)
ReplyDeleteI'll bet you were just skipping out of the store with joy (I would've!). The picnic chest is fabulous and I'm loving your albums! I saw ONE of those teak bowls (one of the small ones) at my local thrift recently and they wanted $5 for it! FOR ONE! You did great, girlfriend.
ReplyDeleteThat's it. I'm moving to California. ASAP.
ReplyDeleteIt's a good day here in NY when I find a mid century planter that's not chipped.
Plus, you have flowers from your yard, in FEBRUARY.
California Dreaming...
Each of these were under $5.00. That is good shopping. You're going to need another house pretty soon.
ReplyDeleteIt may be a picnic basket as one reader pointed out, but it is most likely a vacuum box with straps for the various attachments and extensions. Some of the most outrageous patterns could be found on them, often atomic. Electrolux sold them with their rocket pack looking canister vacuums, but they were popular with other companies as well.
ReplyDeleteWhere do you live? Can I come visit? Those lamps, divine!
ReplyDelete