Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Remember way back when, I rescued this daybed from a local thrift store?


Well I was wondering if I could ever make it look as beautiful as this gorgeous couch. Yes for those of you who follow my blog, I still have not gotten around to recovering it. What do you think?



Remember the Eames chair I posted about in one of my "Things I really, really want" whines? Well, I didn't get an Eames, but a few days ago I saw a chair on Craig's list for $20.00. I bought it knowing nothing about it because it reminded me a tiny little bit of the Eames recliner. I actually thought it was "pleather". Turns out it is leather and new it sells for about $750.00.



And it's very comfortable! Okay, so it's not and Eames recliner, but it's probably the closest I will ever get. What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. Close is always good! Example the couch I got at Biglots for $200 is CLOSE to the "Barcelona Chairs" of the late 50's so im content :) I also think people's fuzzy brains tend to identify the look before they get the name haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you EVER tire of that sofa, I will buy it from you. If you EVER see another one, contact me immediately!!
    __
    Barbara
    http://ifididnthaveasenseofhumor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The day bed is amazing and as long as your cats like the furniture, you scored no matter what! I agree with you on the sow's ear into a silk purse sentiment...my whole apartment was a sow's ear its been evolving into the silk purse for a long time now! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually like it better than the Aames chair. I like the bottom part better. The wood is nicer that the metal legs on the Aames. You really got a good one here. It looks more comfortable too.
    You are going to make a "Mid Century" furniture person out of me yet.
    Oh.., and I have never had any silk purses either..., it's the story of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! I actually like your chair better! It looks so comfortable! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't give up on finding what you really want, we spotted a caramel leather Eames chair and ottoman last week from Plycraft, c.1970, for $175. One will pop up when you least expect it!

    ReplyDelete