Thanks to my friend Heidi at Gold Country Girls for posting some very cool, very retro freestanding fireplaces. I did a little research to see just what is available today. Most of these are from Focus Fireplaces. They are not all freestanding but they are all outstanding.









This Focus fireplace was first introduced in 1968.
It was the first in a series of suspended, pivoting fireplaces with a 360 degree rotation.



Oh, wow - that second one, it's sort of floating there, almost - looks like a Jetsons fireplace! Very cool.
ReplyDeleteI have a fireplace Id liek to show you! Its from 1959 and My boss gave it to me when she remodled her house!
ReplyDeleteYou're killing me Mick....she gave it to you? I feel a post coming on from Mickey's house. Come on buddy, let's see it! Is it at the Casablaca?
ReplyDeleteThese are great! I didn't realize they still made them.....
ReplyDelete*Drooooool* #1 had me going, I was thinking, that's not a fireplace, that's a shelf with some strange sculptures on it....OMG that's the FIRE!
ReplyDeleteThose are outstanding! I was just at an estate sale yesterday that had an AMAZING, retro RED fire place in the basement..to die for. These fires look nice & clean, they're probaby gas, huh?
ReplyDeleteNice round up. I always disliked the suspended, free-standing fireplaces when I was a kid, (the '60s), probably because our 1949 Modern house had the fireplaces built into beautifully coarse native field stone walls and that's what I was used to . . . but now, I'd LOVE to have one of them, right in my bedroom!
ReplyDeleteI couldn't find the first one on their website. What am I missing???
ReplyDelete