The Sacramento MCM Home Tour was everything I was hoping it would be, and more. Suffice it to say, it was a jaw dropping experience. Interior pictures were discouraged in most homes, understandably so, but we were able to photograph a couple of the homes. Thank you to Gretchen and the rest of the folks that worked so hard to put this event together. And thanks to my husband for taking pictures....I was too busy holding my jaw up.
Fabulous! Wish I'd been there with you.
ReplyDeleteWow, wish you could have taken more interior shots, but lucky you for getting to see them all!
ReplyDeletefantabulous...cant get enough of the house
ReplyDeleteWere there really 1200 of us? Wow!!
ReplyDeleteYou took damn near the same pics I did. My favorites were the entries to the homes and what each individual did to them. Koi ponds, fountains, beautiful plants and trees...it was inspirational!!
I just wished we could have met up! Put your email in your profile (and a picture)! I might have been able to spot you!
That looks like fun! What beautiful houses...nice pictures!
ReplyDeleteThe one with the orange door....I want to inhabit those houses! I have so much treasured stuff, with that much floorspace I could really spread it around!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you had a great tour experience -- our official interior photos are coming soon! We'll post them on our blog sacmcmhometour.blogspot.com and probably on eichlerific as well. We're exhausted but very pleased. I received our first proactive preservation call today -- for a consult regarding an agency who wants to sensitively update their late 50s office building. Makes the effort worthwhile to celebrate and encourage appreciation of our MCM treasures. Keep up the great posts, MCMadam <3
ReplyDeleteMy oh my, such fabulous homes. Thanks for sharing your tour with us!
ReplyDeleteOoh. I like your blog. I might join.
ReplyDelete