On half off day at Salvation Army no less.
Yes that would be me!



Before I continue on to the the lighting scores, I'd like you to scroll back up to the mirror photo. Do you see the ceramic cat on the right? Does anyone know anything about this type of cat? I am very sad to say, it isn't mine. I went thrifting with my good friend Heidi. She went left, I went right.....she saw it, she grabbed it....I begged her, bribed her, threatened her....she was strong. She let me cat-sit for the night. I wept when she took it home. My husband wanted to hide it and say we'd been robbed. It was tempting. So if you know where I can find one like it for less than $5.00 (oh sure) let me know. Okay, back to the lighting.
It's a tad busy, I know, but it looks so lovely with the pretty poang
(that's the chair...get your mind out of the gutter) and it is hand hooked and 100% wool.
It feels so cozy on the toesies.
Don't you just love the colors?
It may end up in the bedroom someday,
but for now, it's going to stay right here.
I can't pass up an up light. (especially when it's only a dollar.)
It softened the blow just a wee bit. It was stuff a bag for $5.00 day
and they all fit in one bag.
ha HA! I spied that cat right away before you mentioned it!
ReplyDeleteWish I knew, but moondoggie did a post with similar but not the same cats.
And that carpet matches perfectly, and that bow tie wall lamp is to die for... At $1!!! Wowie wow..
OooH I love the carpet! *Beautiful*
ReplyDeleteI swear, I am utterly green with envy every time I read your blog! You have the best thrift stores in the whole world. Where on earth will you put all of those fab light fixtures? Lovely rug, and your friend found the coolest cat ever.
ReplyDeleteHey girlfriend - nice rug, nice lamps, and you are too funny.
ReplyDeleteIt did not escape my notice that the cat managed to sneak in.
I know the feeling about having a house to put things in ... don't know about the cat though ... it looks blue and gold with blue inside? Is that right?
ReplyDeleteThat carpet is gorgeous, and it looks just perfect with your poang! I'll admit I had no idea what that was, so thanks for explaining!
ReplyDeleteThe rug is charming and looks wonderful in your room. I love it with that Poang chair.
ReplyDeleteI don't know about that "Cat".... but it looks suspiciously like a raccoon. It looks like the outside is gold leafed.
You're going to have everything you need for that new house. What fun!!
Love all your "stuff"...I just got back from my sister-in-law's ..she is moving and offered me all her furniture...I might have to go back and take a second look...just your style...do you also do the vintage trailers...my fav...
ReplyDeleteNothing of import to impart, but GREAT lights!! Yay!
ReplyDeletegrr blogger ate my comment!
ReplyDeleteIt does resemble stuff done by Lisa Larson but I've not actually come across this one in my internet travels. Putting in cat bowl and similar key words into google image search means wading through many, many pics to cat feeding bowls.
Good luck with that :)
(and thanks for mentioning me 1950sAtomicRanchHouse - I feel a bit famous!)
I'll keep my eyes open for cats like that. It is a beauty, very unusual. And the lights, wow! Zootsuitmama
ReplyDelete