Sunday, March 6, 2011

Let There Be Light

The kitchen in the house we are planning faces south.
I love a kitchen flooded with natural light so
we have decided to eliminate the upper cabinets
and in their place create a wall of windows.
We have also included a sizable pantry in the plan
to compensate for the lost storage.

We won't use mullioned windows since they
are such a pane/pain to wash and because
we want an unobstructed view.
I do love the way they look in this kitchen though.
I also love the blue cabinetry.



I really love when the windows are
right down to the counter tops.
I don't know if that's possible since the
outlets need to go somewhere.
I love the lamp in the corner of this kitchen.
Not having upper cabinets makes that possible.
[image[95].png]


I think this kitchen is lovely.
I said before though, that we will go light
on the tile, so this kitchen is probably not
in our future.

I love the fun lighting in this kitchen.
How high do you suppose the ceilings are?
The plans we are working on have standard 8 ft. ceilings.
I may change that.

The windows will most definitely open.
I do love a breeze coming through the kitchen.
On the opposite side of the wall of windows,
is where the dining room will be located.
There will be a large window there as well so we
can capture a nice breeze through the house.

6 comments:

  1. I'm love your plans for your new kitchen ... and to-the-counter windows sound superb!

    It must be so satisfying (possibly a little frustrating) designing your new home ... I'm really excited for you and love seeing the pictures you've chosen.

    You'll inspire me to buy a plot of earth and do the same, rather than renovate I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some pretty awesome kitchens in this post!! Don't know which one I like the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all fantastic kitchens. It must be so much fun planning exactly what you want. I can't wait to see the house when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one stinking window in my kitchen. What I wouldn't give for all this light! Maybe in my next life......

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's going to be stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhh..let in the AIR & LIGHT... I love windows, especially after a cold, dark winter.
    You must be having so much fun designing your new home :)

    ReplyDelete